Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yummy!!! Wedang ronde

Indonesia Traditional Recipe, food Recipe for engineer, food recipe for busy people, cooking recipe for clueless, resep masakan, resep makanan,indonesia recipe, vietnamese recipe, thailand recipe, asian recipe, japanese recipe

I took my bachelor degree in Yogyakarta. At first I don't rate
Yogya highly, since it seems
it much more quite than my Hometown, but after a while I fell in love
with Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta has rich cultere and yet they so friendly with
outsider esp a poor college boy like me. I spent many time enjoying my
afternoon in my university boulevard and drinking a cup of wedang ronde.


Well it remain me to talk about another javanese tradiotional
drink, it's wedang ronde. Wedang ronde is drink with ginger
water (almost the same with sekoteng) plus brown sugar and has a balls
of rice flour in it,plus other stuff like bread, peanut


I search a recipe in internet and found it here


Ingredient


skin



  1. 150 grams of glutinous rice flour

  2. 2 teaspoon sago flour

  3. salt

  4. 25 cc betel lime liquid

  5. 50 cc warm water


filing



  1. 50 grams peanuts with granulated sugar (brown sugar)


Ginger Sauce:



  1. litre water

  2. tablespoons ginger, minced

  3. 3 stalks lemon grass, cut into 3 pieces each and bruised

  4. 2 pandan leaves, shredded an tied into knots

  5. 200 grams granulated sugar


Preparations:



  1. Skin: mix glutinous rice flour, sago flour and salt. Add betel lime liquid and warm water a little at a time, kneading until the dough can be shaped. Divide into 2-3 parts, each dyed a different colour.

  2. Make balls as big as quail’s eggs, flatten and place filling in the centre. Close up the dough and reshape into balls.

  3. Cook balls in the boiling water until they float and are done. Drain.

  4. Put Ronde balls in ginger sauce and serve

  5. Ginger Sauce: boil water and ingredients in covered saucepan on
    low heat for 30 minutes until the aroma is quite strong. Sieve.


drink it while still hot...

No comments: